Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Late Night?

It's odd to think of 12:30 as really late, especially considering what I was doing a few months ago, but when breakfast is at 6:15, your perceptions change. "Welcome to the real world," I guess. Right now I'm writing up my final draft of tomorrow's lesson plan on Point of View for my 7th grade summer school students. We've been through two weeks together and now I have 5 more days to prepare them for the final test. It's exciting, stressful, and tiresome, all wrapped together. The other part of the equation is that this is only a preview of the full school year to come, when we are not constantly supervised and have to teach all day, instead of just one class. It's both daunting and exhilarating, I suppose.


Challenge question: For the 7th grade graduates out there, Identify the central argument in the text above, list at least 2 supporting details, and summarize the author's opinion using full sentences. [Responses welcome as comments :) ]

p.s. This is not a very good example and a good reason why we use "authentic texts" for class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your responses to my thoughts, thoughts about your own experiences, or ideas you have for what I'm doing.