Monday, June 7, 2010

Relentless Pursuit of Never-ending Schedules

As I sit awake at 11:30 tonight, composing my thoughts, I realize that breakfast opens in 6 hours. It frightens me to think that getting out of class at 9pm is already cutting into eight hours of sleep. In this vein, I'll paint a brief picture of my rather rigid schedule at Institute, specifically today (I'll leave out the gritty details of the 9 1/2 hour day at school).

5AM. Wakeup
5.15AM. Wakeup, take 2
5.40AM. Leave for breakfast
6.40AM. Leave GA Tech for school
7AM. Begin lessons and instruction at MLK, Jr. Middle School in Atlanta, GA
4.30PM. Leave school for GA Tech
5.30PM. Eat dinner
7PM. Begin evening session
9PM. Leave for dorms; realize fewer than 8 hours till Wakeup, Day 2
10PM. Carve out time to relax
12PM. Remember the assignment due tomorrow; it's also time to changeover meds
12.30PM. Prospective sleep time
---
5.10AM. Wakeup, Day 2

This translates to 15 hours sleep over 3 days! Things will have to change soon around here. And by that I mean we'll actually have to start filling our evenings with work.

Quote of the day:

Oh, that clock! Old killjoy. I hear you. "Come on, get up," you say.
"Time to start another day." Even he orders me around. Well there's one thing.
They can't order me to stop dreaming.
Cinderella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your responses to my thoughts, thoughts about your own experiences, or ideas you have for what I'm doing.